Thursday, October 6, 2011

Adventures in California!

Carsten’s first trip to Disneyland was so much fun! He is such a happy and chill baby! We were able to take him on more rides than we thought. He loved watching the bubbles in the water on the Nemo submarine ride; he enjoyed soaring in the sky on the Dumbo ride, and absolutely loved all the colors on the It’s a Small World ride! We didn’t know that you could take your own food in and we bought lunch there. I thought I would get a kids meal because it was $3 cheaper thinking it would fill me up! Oh my goodness, that was the smallest hamburger I have ever seen.
Carsten and I went with some Moms and children from the ward to Huntington Beach! It was beautiful and we had a lot of fun! Carsten took a nap while I enjoyed the sun!
Jake’s family came for a visit in mid September and we went to Disneyland with them. We were able to go on a lot more rides and we even ventured over to California Adventure! Jake’s white coat ceremony was September 18th, it was outside and everyone was super hot from sitting in the sun.
The next week Carsten and I took a trip up to Washington. He went on his first plane ride and he was so good. We visited my parents and we were able to spend time with my Brother Andrew, his wife Anna, and their baby girl Brooklyn. It was so fun to be in Washington again and see lots of friends. Carsten had so much fun playing with his Grandma and Grandpa and misses them so much already.

Monday night we went Trick-or-Treating at Disneyland with my Aunt Halceyn her husband Wayne and my cousin Dalton. We had a lot of fun! Carsten is a pumpkin for Halloween; it is the costume that my mom made for my first Halloween. We rode on a few rides, met some characters, and we walked around trick or treating and got 10.5 pounds of candy. The fireworks afterwards were amazing! We were so exhausted when we got home, but it was totally worth it!

1 comment:

  1. So much fun!!! He is getting so big. I love his cheeks.

    ReplyDelete