Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Carsten's Exciting Entrance

Carsten’s Birth


Friday June 3rd I went to my doctor appointment, I was a little stressed because we were running a little late. My blood pressure was high so they did an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay with our little guy. After Jake got out of class he walked from campus to the doctor to meet my mom and I. We went into a different room to wait for the doctor. Meanwhile a nurse came in and told me the doctor was on the phone to schedule a Cesarean Section, I was not expecting that at all. The ultrasound measured our little guy as being 9 pounds 11 ounces and he was too large to come out normally.  That night we went and got snow cones as my last craving!
 
June 3rd, the night before Carsten was born

Saturday June 4th, we arrived at the hospital at 6 AM and I was prepped for surgery. After going into shock and throwing up a few times they gave me a spinal block. After listening to the doctor and his assistant talk about boy scouts, Carsten was born at 8:42 AM. He weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces and was 21 inches long and his head was 15 CM. Jake and my mom were able to help bathe Carsten while I was put back together! We then went back to our room and took pictures of our new baby.

Carsten and I were able to go home from the hospital after Jake got out of class on Monday June 6th. Having a baby in your home is definitely a sweet experience. Jake and I wouldn’t give it up for anything. Carsten sleeps very well about 6 or more hours each night. He is such a calm baby and he loves to snuggle with mom.
June 4th, 6 AM right before we left for the hospital
First family picture, right after Carsten was born

First bath at the hospital


Hanging with Dad waiting for Mom to come back from surgery





Look at all that hair! Uncle Christian loves to give Carsten a Mohawk.

Spending time with Mom


With Grandma Lisa, she stayed to play with Carsten and help take care of me for a month!


Dad came back from class to take us home!
Heading to the car to go home!



Home at last!!!


Carsten's birth announcement that my cousin Stephenie made!

Doctor Appointments

2 Week Appointment:     8 pounds 14 ounces, 84th percentile
                                                  21.25 inches long, 94th percentile
                                                  Head was 14.75 cm, 83rd percentile


1 Month Appointment:   11 pounds 3 ounces, 80th percentile
     22.5 inches long, 67th percentile
     Head is back up to 15 cm, 43rd percentile
Even though his percentiles are slowly going down, he is growing so fast. We just can’t believe he used to weigh just over 8 pounds! He looks and feels like he has grown a ton since his last appointment, so we will see what his stats are in 2 weeks when he goes back to the doctor for his two month appointment.
4 days old
Hanging out with Dad, 2 weeks old



Fourth of July, 4 weeks old
Taking a nap with Uncle Christian, 5 weeks old
Carsten making noises, 6 weeks old

7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Alex! Congratulations to you two!! He is a sweet sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Carsten is a sweet and precious little boy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's seriously SO cute! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this new start...halceyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness...I love it! I'm sorry it was all so crazy for you! Maybe next time we'll get normal births, right? :o)

    I LOOOVE that last picture of him sitting up against the couch! Look at those little toes! He is just precious and growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8 14 at 2 weeks?!! My baby didn't weigh that much at 2 months! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so cute Alex! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete